Monday, June 4, 2007

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...graduation is done! We made it through the whole process without too much stress and I can say that I was one pretty proud Mama! I didn't cry until they presented the graduates and I can tell you this much, my heart swelled with love for my son. I can't wait to see what the future holds for him and for my other children as well. Speaking of other children...my 242 girls have also graduated and I am so proud of them. They are the most incredible, Godly women and I can't wait to see what God does with their lives. I was so sad on Sunday, walking in to the gym and not seeing them there. I had to watch them walk upstairs to the college group, praying and hoping that they weren't too sad. Then it was time to dive in and meet the new Freshmen! There are 15 girls and I am getting excited about the possibility of starting a new group with them. It will be so hard to start over, but I have to remember how hard my girls were when they were Freshmen. They would look at me like I was a giant pickle and be down right rude! But I knew that God wanted me there with them so I just kept taking the hits and soon they warmed up to me and realized that I was interested in them. God is starting a new work...time for new beginnings, new relationships, new 242 groups. Newness...it is all around.

1 comments:

Lindsee Lou said...

I think my favorite part about the whole post is the title. Simply, because I can hear you sayin' that, loud!!! :) I love it!

You are too sweet to those girls, well, and to your own children to! I know they are blessed by y'all!

If you do get the new girl, they will too be blessed by y'all. I fell in love with them this past week!!! What a blessing they were to me.

Praise God for newness!!!!

Love ya,
Linds