Thursday, July 12, 2007

Summer

So, I have been reading a lot this summer and just finished "Quaker Summer" by Lisa Samson, for all of you readers out there. It was such a great book to get you thinking about life, yet lite enough for a summer read. It is about a 40ish Mom going a little crazy and God calling her to a ministry in the urban part of her town. Very interesting......I am praying now that God would shake up my life a little as well. I know that He wants me in Youth Ministry, but I am open to whatever He has. We will see. On another note, I need help with my JH daughter and her friendships. She is having some trouble and I am having a difficult time knowing how involved to get. She wants me to talk to the Moms sometimes, which is hard, but I don't know if that is the right thing to do. Right now, I am encouraging her to work things out on her own. So hard to watch her go through this. She is a gentle soul and takes things much harder than I do. I am more of a boy mom..."suck it up and get on with it"...so God is teaching me to be more sensitive and thoughtful with her. Just praying my way through this one. We are trying to plan a trip to Santa Fe for August with the family....needs to be economical and that is hard to do! I love NM and haven't been there is years, hope it works out. That is about all that is going on...
Grace and Peace,
Dana

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana! this is Lauren Rugh, I just stumbled on your blog and I got so excited when I realized it's you!

I love that you have a blog. I've been wanting to get one but none of my friends have them so I dunno...but seeing your blog has given me one more reason on my small list to start one!

If we could just get Emily and Michaela on here then I would totally do it, maybe you can help me recruit them!

I hope you're doing well, I hope things work out with your daughter...and with your trip to Santa Fe :)

--Lauren Rugh

Lindsee Lou said...

I have most certainly enjoyed my summer and the times that WE have gotten to hang out. They are so fun!

Especially when it involves climbing in atticks!! :)

Lindsee