Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Locked Out of Blog land

This has been so weird.

I have been locked out of my own blog. Kind of like being locked out of your house. For days. Without a hope of finding a key. Nobody is answering. Nobody is home.

I finally borrowed my husband's Mac and was able to log on. I haven't been able to comment on anyone's blog. Just reading. I feel like I have been on the outside looking in. I guess the problem is with my computer. Who would have guessed the dinosaur is sick. This is the same computer that needs to "warm up" in the morning so it can play nicely with others. Sounds a lot like me!

Well, Florida was awesome. I had a great group of girls who like to have fun. We had great bible study times, worship and teaching. Oh, and the beach wasn't bad either! The 12 hour bus ride was brutal...every year it takes me a little longer to recover!

I had a relaxing week then it was time for VBS. I was in charge of overseeing the high school volunteers. They are so great to serve for a week, helping the younger kids learn about Christ's love. I love having them check in with me in the morning, help them sort through problems, give them pep talks and lots of snacks. Queso Wednesday returned and was a big hit. I made a huge crock pot full of queso so the kids could come by during their break and have a snack. Nothing says I love you like a vat of cheese is what I always say.

We took Megan to camp on Sunday which was a 3 hour trip one way. She really loves the camp which makes the trip more bearable. I can't wait to hear what God is doing in her life this week. I do miss my girl, but it has been fun hanging out with the guys. Friday we get to head back up to get her. We are spending the night because we have to be there at 9:00 am for the closing ceremony. Not the best way to spend the 4th but we are hoping to find a fire works show!

Happy 4th everyone!

Blessings,
Dana

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I would like to be a part of Queso Wednesday.

If I had known, I would've quit my job to be present.

Fran said...

I need you back "in!" I've missed you, but sounds like life is good.

big hugs~
Fran

Lindsee said...

Jen, Queso wednesday was fabulous. It was the only day I cam inside during water day.

Dana, maybe we can repeat queso wednesday for queso whenever day at your casa and we can invite Jen?! Oh, that would be fun.

Glad your not locked out anymore!