Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh Baby, part 2

I feel like I have slighted my May child Collin, so as promised, here is his belated tribute....

My second son turned 17 in May.

Yeah, the one with the "great hair" and the deep blue eyes.

I can't believe he is 17. As we start his senior year, I look at him and see the beautiful boy with the curly blond hair and the 400 watt smile. The child who was ALWAYS happy, and was completely low maintenance. But, look again, he is almost a man. He is a deep thinker and a beautiful writer. He reads everything imaginable and loves to have deep and thoughtful conversations over coffee. He loves to help his friends when they are in need by giving them a ride or a listening ear. He is a gifted musician who loves to lead worship. He has a heart for the lost, homeless and hurting. He loves God with his whole heart and isn't afraid to ask questions. He is hungry to learn more about Him.

We like to call him Colley because it sounds good when you say it in a sing song voice!

I love you Collin and I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see where God takes you this year.


Blessings,
Dana

1 comments:

Fran said...

Girl...I miss ya!! Just sayin so!
Hope all is well.
Love,
Fran