Monday, February 25, 2008

Hamburger Meat

Hamburger Meat? Meaning...how I feel after a weekend youth retreat! Boy, we had fun! But, I feel very 40 after one because of lack of sleep and eating like a 15 year old. I ate so many jelly beans that my tummy feels like a "Jelly belly!" I drank so much coffee that my skin smells like columbian supremo. Not attractive! This was my first retreat with this group of girls. They are the new freshmen and they are great! Very eager to listen, learn, and they get along pretty well. Amazing! Now, there are problems of course but that comes with the package. We did a study on knowing without a doubt, the fact that Jesus died, was buried, and rose again. We ended on Sunday at an actual court room with real lawyers and a judge. Scary, exciting and really cool. The students were called to defend the Christian faith, and they did great. One of my girls was called and she really worked it! Go Sarah! Her parents have done an excellent job with her, teaching her God's word and God has given her a gift of speaking. What a combo. Can't wait to see what God will do with this group and what he will teach me through it all. I got a text from one of my girls that just graduated last year. I had her for all 4 years of high school and she said "have fun this weekend with your new girls!" So sweet, but she about killed me with that one. I miss those girls so much but it is time to move on with another group. Wish me a nap today, I need it!

3 comments:

Kara Akins said...

Sounds like you all are having fun. Thanks for stopping by! My husband was a geologist and we thought we should ahve moved to Texas to get into oil but we didn't so now he does mortgages and look at the market!!! Maybe I should be saying, "Wish I was in Texas". But I do love Chattanooga! That's really where I live, Chattanooga,TN. Half my neighborhood is in GA and half is in TN. We happen to be on the GA side but we "live life" on the TN side. The confusion of living life on the edge (edge of a state that is).

Lindsee said...

Mama D-

Look at you go with your cute new blog design! Love it!

Lindsee

Jenny said...

Well Hi there Dana! I do love your new look! I got my layouts at pyzam.com, I think under the "swirls" category. I can't believe you have new girls! They are gonna learn so much from you. Love you lady!