Friday, February 29, 2008

Western Day

So Ethan wakes up to remind me that it is Western Day at school. He is all boy and all 8 and likes things to be in order, so he reminds me constantly about everything. He then proceeds to tell me that he will be wearing his basketball clothes to western day.

YEE HAW.

Not a problem.

Except that his Grandfather owns a boot company and made Ethan a pair of boots to wear to Western Day AND he loves to see pictures of his grandchildren in their boots on Western Day! So, the battle begins...

I don't usually fight him too much about clothing, (except when he doesn't want to wear a coat when it is 30 degrees) but come on! He has a great pearl snap shirt, boots and jeans! What's the problem? He is so afraid that someone will make fun of him in his great ostrich boots. I tell you what, this is too much. A second grader not wanting to wear great boots on western day. All because some kid probably told him that boots aren't cool.

Hello, we live in Texas!

So I did what any self-respecting Mom would do and I used the Grandfather card and got him to wear his boots. We rode to school on our horse (kidding) and I wore my boots too and so did Hubby. We looked fabulous and very Texas and our pictures look great.
We two-stepped with our son and watched him do some kind-of westerny dances to some corny western songs.

Ethan had fun, and there were no tears over boots.

He changed into his tennis shoes after the dance.

Sigh.

0 comments: