Tuesday, March 11, 2008

SPANX

I am getting ready for a trip with my hubby to Las Vegas and I went shopping to get a few new things at Macy's. (Gift card had to be used!) I have never seen so many polka dots in my life.

I was having a hard time finding things that would look good on a 40 something and I kept hoping that Tim Gunn would jump out and say "STOP! No, no, no, my gag reflex is kicking in." He didn't show. But I finally found a few things and then I was off to find the dreaded "shapewear".

I have never worn shapewear but have evidently always needed it because when I tried it on I think I went down 1 size...I mean I looked great in my jeans.

But let me go back to the part about trying it on.

The sales lady directed me to the best ones and they have this rubber ribbing stuff on the edge to keep them in place so they don't ride up...

OK.

So as I am pulling them up, the said rubber ribbing stuck to my thighs and just about pulled off my skin.

This can't be good.

After I wiped my tears, I figured out that you should fold over the rubber ribbing before pulling up the shapewear so as not to remove large portions of your skin.

There should be directions on those things.

Anyway, I had a thought, how am I going to get dressed in the shapewear without my husband being the wiser. I want him to think I look this great all the time, or that the lighting in LV is fabulous or something.

Putting on shapewear in not pretty people, but the result is worth it.

I guess I will have to lock myself in the bath room and stick a sock in my mouth so he can't hear my groans!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband sees me squirm into shapewear all the time and he flirtingly teases me about it. I've even enlisted his help once or twice. It's not a big deal. My husband has even said to me that he likes my "Spanx-things" because they make me look so great in all my clothes. I dress much more attractively (to him and everyone else) ever since I discovered them.

Jenny said...

Ooooh Dana! You are going to have SO MUCH FUN! I can't wait to see pictures!