Friday, April 4, 2008

The t-shirt

Last weekend a new outlet mall opened in our area and I visited it yesterday with two of my best girlfriends. I was on a hunt for the elusive T-shirt. Oh, me and the t-shirt have a love/hate relationship going on right now.

There is the too thin t-shirt.

There is the too thin, and too tight t-shirt.

There is the thicker but boxy t-shirt.

There is the my sleeves are too short, I am trying to hide my mama arms t-shirt.

What is with it right now? I just want a thicker, trim fit, long t-shirt.

I am a 40ish stay at home Mom and I need my t-shirts for the summer. Don't they know that the t-shirt with the long short or possible the capri is THE mom uniform around these parts? Oh, we can do the A line skirt and cute top and all that, but really, the t-shirt is it for us.

Help me Jesus.

So off we went and enjoyed the many cool shops.

I tried on this side zipper shirt and when I put it on I knew it was too tight. I tried it anyway and got stuck in it. D had to rescue me, as in pull it off of my head while I was squealing like a pig.

We were definitely entertainment for the shopkeepers. There were two times we almost laughed so hard we peed and one time K needed an inhaler. We have decided when we are together we need to be packin'. As in depends and inhalers.

Then we happened upon Ann Taylor. She had the t-shirt. Lots of them. Thick ones. They tapered in oh so slightly. They are long. I could have cried. Oh, and they were buy one get one 50% off. AND if you spent so much you got another discount. D and I went crazy, combined our stuff and ended up spending $19.00 for two.

Thank you Jesus!

Now I won't look like a sausage stuffed in a casing this summer.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Dana,

I share your pain in the t-shirt hunt.

But, I am NOT surprised that you found them at Ann Taylor. That is the store of all stores.

Also, I am eager to experience this outlet mall that everyone is talking about. I'm crazy jealous!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I will have to look there - was at Target yesterday and bought a couple of t's... got them home and discovered they are as thin as tissue paper :|. Will have to use them to layer with (they were on sale for like $5).

Happy spring!!

Fran said...

When you find that wonderful, glorious, perfect for you tshirt then you buy as many as your wallet will allow!!! :)

Hugs~
Fran